Saturday, January 16, 2010

The Joy of Dancing

“The neck bone’s connected to the shoulder bones… The shoulder bone’s connected to the back bone… The back bone’s connected to the hip bone…” And on the song went as my three year old daughter and I danced to our hearts content – marching, turning, waving our arms and laughing.

It’s those great simple things that just seem to hit you out of the blue, and remind you that you’re alive and well. It’s amazing how such a simple little thing, like dancing with your toddler, can make you feel so joyful and like everything in the world is ok.

I cherish those moments, and realize at the time that I should (oops – that rigid word again) do it more often.

It’s amazing how being caught up in the moment, with something we really enjoy, can be a great reminder to do things we value more often. I wish that reminder would hit me in the morning – things I can do to feel happy – before I get entangled in a day of “to do” stuff.

I guess the best I can do for now is appreciate the fun times when they happen, and be available as much as possible, to have many more with my little one. So, at the very least, I have something to look forward to.

No comments:

Post a Comment